skip to content
concordium’s vision is to become the leading public and regulatory compliant open de-centralized world computer with identity built-in at the protocol màn chơi. concordium offers secure, low-cost services for transactions, iot data sharing, storage and more. it is a proof-of-stake-based blockchain which solves the shortcomings of classic blockchains and their non-compliant cryptocurrencies — with the introduction of protocol-level identity verification and the use of zero-knowledge proofs to replace anonymity with perfect privacy – and facilitate kyc and aml procedures for concordium’s payment-coin (gtu).
concordium’s blockchain is designed to handle real-world business needs. it features a layered software stack that is flexible, scalable and is being developed to the most rigorous academic and commercial software standards available. the integrated, user-friendly smart contract layer will allow for programmable dapps for transfers of value and information in a secure, scalable fashion.
concordium hosts a community network for stakeholders. smart contracts can be formally verified and certified. concordium evolves out of scientific philosophy. the project is research- and business-driven by a global collective of an internationally recognized team including: academic capacities—top cryptographers, researchers, currency-protocol and cyber safety specialists; expert engineers; successful business pioneers with genuine regulatory, banking, fintech and large-enterprise experience.
concordium introduces innovations on all màn chơis of the protocols, fixing issues and removing adoption barriers that haunted earlier generations of blockchains—hindering large scale adoption.
some of the key innovations in concordium
provable proof-of-stake protocol with finalization— meaning a blockchain without hard-forks and rollbacks. no energy waste like proof-of-work in some other blockchains.
– scaling and capacity with several innovations, from the virtual machines that execute transactions in true parallelism to sharding and built-in layer-2 solutions enabling scaling to cater for user needs.
– upgradable and flexible protocol and cryptography primitives—built in governance system for such upgrades and changes of parameters.
– high quality user tools and programming languages for smart contracts, less prone to bugs and errors that haunt traditional blockchains.
– protocol-level identity mechanism, gdpr compliant and based on advanced mathematical concepts enabling kyc and other (local) compliance needs.
– privacy features allowing identifiable parties doing business in private, instead of anonymous parties doing business in public – which is the case on most current blockchains.
– holistic tokenomics system and monetary policy giving full control over each aspect of monetary policy and dynamic fee structures. there are 9 different reward schemes incentivizing and rewarding needed stakeholders like bakers/miners, smart contract developers, server-owners, token-owners and others.
tokenomics (concordium gtu)
the concordium token, the gtu (global transaction unit) is a payment token and it’s tokenomics model is designed by leading macro economists and currency-protocol savvy experts, reflects a core objective to grow the ecosystem into a self-sustaining model.
the concordium foundation will develop and step by step implement a fully democratic governance system that allows the project to evolve over time. the project will fund itself over time via a treasury system powered by concordium’s digital currency—the global transaction unit (gtu).
investors in the gtu tokens are kyc/aml processed and the gtu is thus a non-contaminated cryptocurrency.
for more detail information, investment facts and the 66 page business whitepaper, please contact our team.